Sunday, March 2, 2008

Interview Reflection

I felt that my mock interview went extremely well considering my experience with interviewing. The questions that were asked were very appropriate and hot topics in the educational field. Because I was being interviewed by a teacher, the questions were very helpful in making me think about what topics would most likely be covered during an interview for a teaching position. The advice that I received from Ms. Rogers was very thoughtful and meaningful. I realized that I really need to be up to date on political issues dealing with education such as the No Child Left Behind Act. With the up coming elections, this is a sure topic that would be covered in an interview.
Being prepared is very important and having questions for them can leave a great impression. I had questions in my mind, but I never thought about writing them down so that they can see that I had spent time preparing for the interview just as they did. This helpful suggestion is one that I haven't thought of and now I really appreciate it.
Because I haven't been through student teaching yet, there are still many questions that were somewhat difficult, but I felt that I handled them well.
Overall, this mock interview is a great idea that results in great preparation skills and knowledge about interviews that most of us will face in a year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For someone who hasn't even student taught yet, you did great. I think that you'll pick up on so much about No Child Left Behind and PACT when you get with a real teacher. (Don't let it scare you, lol!) Pay attention to what's happenign with the state legislature and the possible replacement of the PACT test for accountability. It should be very interesting!

Anyway, thanks for a great interview!