Sunday, March 9, 2008

Class Presentations

I really enjoyed all of the presentations that were given in class this semester. It's very hard for me to pick one favorite because of all the different topics that were covered. All the presentations were interesting in their own way, whether it be about traveling, sports, culture, or hobbies. The presentation that grabbed my attention the most was the one with the chicken and how to show it. It could have been because I was focused on the chicken the whole time and was ready for it to fly around the room; either way, the presentation was different and interesting. I also enjoyed the presentations about travel, whether it be about studying abroad or just going a couple of hours from here. I love to travel and take little trips, so these presentations were right up my ally. As for the rest of the presentations, the ones that stand out are consist of the off season football schedule, the slang terms, and the coastal conservation association. I think the football was a great topic because it educated us about all the work they have to put in year around and not just during the season. The slang presentation was very unique and the words that were introduced were just great. As for the CCA, this really caught my attention because I am from Charleston and I am familiar with the effort. I could really relate to the pictures because the increase in population effects every aspect of my home life.
The presentations were a great way to get to know our classmates better while learning something about their topic. I think that this project is very fun and meaningful without consuming too much preparation time. The openess of the project is a great tool to get students to talk about what they know and practice their public speaking skills!

2 comments:

Elyse said...

hey! i just wanted to tell you that i thought your presentation was really interesting and fun to participate in!

Hendrix said...

I really learned a lot from your presentation! It was fun trying to figure out if I was right or left brained!