Friday, January 25, 2008

Ten Years from Now

Wow, it is kind of scary to think about where I will be in ten years. Ten years seems like so much, but really it is not that much time. Just think about how fast college flies by, it seems like yesturday that I was going to my first class at Clemson--and now, I'm getting ready to be a student teacher!
In ten years I will be 31 years old. I am sure that my friends who are jealous of my being older now will have made sure that I am well aware that I am older than them- the first to turn 21, then not soon after, the first to turn 30. Ideally, in my perfect world, I will be back in Charleston married to the guy I have yet to come across and working on a family. I would like to eventually have a family of about three or four children-but more importantly, healthy children. Of course, I would like to think that we would have our own house near my parents and my younger brother somewhere in old Mount Pleasant.
Career wise, I hope that by age 31 I will have my own pre-school or kindergarten class at a small, yet very successfull, school. I do not have a particular school in mind at this point, but somewhere clost to Mount Pleasant if not in Mount Pleasant. Assuming that I start teaching right after I graduate in 2009, I will have been teaching about eight or nine years. At this point, it would be perfectly possible for me to have my own student teachers- something that I really want in the future. I have not been a student teacher yet, but I have been observing schools all throughout the Clemson-Anderson areas. I would really like to have my own student teacher to help him or her focus on what teaching styles they perfer, how to set up their classroom, and to start creating their own curriculum.
I hope that in ten years, I still keep in touch with all the friends I have made up here in Clemson. I already have countless memories and I hope that we can all keep in touch- as difficult and I know that it will be. I can't wait for all the reunions and weekend trips with all the girls! I also look forward to seeing where life takes everyone else. I think it will be very interesting to see what the game of life as in store for all of us!

No comments: